Welcome to the hordes of readers who are no-doubt checking out our very first property management blog post!! Please know that REAL informative blog posts are coming!
Blogging about property management is a great way to educate our clients the “why” of things without hammering out a long-winded email every time a regular subject comes up as well as make some outside friends. Single family home management can be much trickier than traditional community management, and there isn’t a lot of information available about how to do it well – that’s where we come in.
What we will blog about:
- Them versus us – how to determine a professional property manager apart from the rest.
- How to avoid pitfalls and the dreaded VACANCY LOSS problem. Learn how to calculate vacancy loss.
- Getting back the most money from your security deposit! A detailed cleaning checklist to help tenants moving out get their full deposit back. Landlords prefer NOT to keep your deposit!
- Vetting prospective tenants of all kinds. Military, NATO, civilian – all should well-qualified and vetted before signing a lease.
- You should absolutely inspect occupied homes and we will tell you how!
- Plumbing – Preparing your vacant home for tenants – get rid of the gunky stuff!
- Photography & home staging for marketing of rentals! Staging your house is not just for the sale market!
- We’ll tell you why your home isn’t renting and what to do about it
- Pets – to take or not to take them? Yes, you should be open to pets. You’ll make more $$$$.
- Risk-free property management planning. Some of our best advice summarized.
- Maintenance – Necessary and preventative! Why home warranties are a bad idea.
Mary Kenworthy – Property Manager for Stephanie Clark Property Management Team